Classic Car Insurance: Insuring Your Passion
For those of us who are collectors of classic cars, it isn’t just a way to get around. It’s an investment that will continue to appreciate.
Not everyone uses their classic or antique vehicles the same, which is why an Interstate Insurance agent will work with you to select the appropriate policy. It is important for us to understand your coverage needs, miles driven, vehicle age, and any vehicle modifications to ensure you get the correct policy for your investment. Here are some things to keep in mind when you’re shopping for classic car insurance or collector car insurance:
- Agreed Value: This means the insurance carrier will pay you the full (agreed to) amount in the event of a covered total loss, less any applicable deductible. This type of coverage is much better than “actual cash value” or “stated value” that you can purchase as well.
- Low Rates: Collector vehicles aren’t usually driven year round. So, your insurance premium will reflect a rate off of being driven part-time.
- Coverage Options: Each collector car is unique. That is why Interstate Insurance will work with you to determine the right amount of coverage to ensure your classic is insured properly.
- Mileage: Don’t be afraid to drive that classic! Not all of our companies limit mileage driven, but most base the rate off of being driven less than 5,000 miles a year.
- Roadside Assistance: It’s a classic! And unfortunately, they are prone to breaking down from time to time. With a Roadside Assistance endorsement, you can drive worry free.
Have a classic Jeep or Mopar to insure? Call a qualified Interstate Insurance agent today to quote you the best combination of coverage, value, and rate for you. Give us a call today at: 206-542-3195
Frequently Asked Questions about Classic Car Insurance
Do I need to insure my classic car when I am not driving it?
You’ll want to maintain classic car insurance even if you’re not driving it. In the event the vehicle is destroyed in a fire, stolen or vandalized, you’ll want coverage to protect your classic car from these risks. Additionally, classic car insurance is typically less to insure because the companies that insure them know you aren’t typically driving them all the time.
What companies offer classic car insurance?
Several great insurance companies offer classic car insurance. If you call an independent insurance agent, they can quote your classic vehicle with multiple companies so you can compare coverage and pricing options.
Why is classic car insurance less than normal auto insurance?
Classic cars are usually limited to how many miles you can drive them. Therefore, because they are being driven less, the cost of insurance is typically less.